It's nearly impossible to have a conversation on Persian food without any mention of tadig. Don't get us wrong - Persian kebabs and stews like ghormeh sabzi and fesenjan are incredible in their own right. But tadig, or the thin layer of crispy basmati rice that forms at the bottom of the pot, is Persian food at its finest. Crispy, crunchy, golden basmati rice... what else could you ask for in life? Trust us. We specialize in the art of tadig.
THE BAAZ BITE DIFFERENCE
For as long as tadig has been made (and believe us, it's a recipe that goes way back), there's only been one way to make it: prepare an entire pot of basmati rice, and hope that you get the oil to sizzle just in the right way to get a thin layer of crispy basmati rice at the bottom of the pot. All that work just for one thin layer of crispy deliciousness to be fought over the second it hits the dinner table? We thought there had to be a better way. Meet Baaz Bites, your new go-to option for tadig on demand. Whether you're looking to prepare a small snack for yourself or be the ultimate party host, Baaz Bites is there for you. Golden crispy greatness awaits!
- More than one hour of prep time necessary
- An entire pot of basmati rice produces only one thin layer of crispy rice
- Requires a great amount of expertise to get the perfectly crisped tahdig
- Can only be eaten immediately post prep for best results
- From freezer to oven to plate in less than twenty minutes
- 360 degrees of outer crispiness, with a perfectly chewy inside basmati rice center
- Everyone can be a Persian food expert in their own homes
- Tadig that's as crunchy after re-heating as when it was originally made... how do we patent this?!